Lake Naivasha is home to resident hippos, and at times, the largest water fowl population in Kenya, and is the ideal safari destination for birdwatchers.
The waters of Lake Naivasha draw great array of game to the shoreline. Buffaloes wallow in the swamps, while the large hippo population laze their days away in the shallows. Giraffes wonder among the acacia; Colobus monkeys swinging from the canopies above.
Wherever you visit the lake, you’ll find a boat ride a relaxing way to spend an afternoon, as you ride past families of hippos, lazily swimming with just the tip of the heads out of the water.
Serious birders can enjoy Naivasha’s spectacular bird life during an early morning boat ride.
Day Trip Itinerary
Depart at 0800 Hrs and drive through the scenic Mau Escarpment and down to the Rift Valley Floor, to the papyrus fringed Lake Naivasha.
After a relaxing time and morning teas, have a boat ride on Lake Naivasha, viewing the rich variety of birds and plants, herds of hippos and a visit to the Crescent Island, a curious peninsula with herds of antelopes.
Lunch is at a lodge.
(Optional: Carry picnic and enjoy your meal by the lakeshore).
Return to Nairobi at around 17.00hrs.
Why you'll love this trip...
- Pick up & drop off Nairobi
- Professional photography & guiding services
- Transport in Private Tour Vehicle with open roof
- Comprehensive game drive
- Services of professional tour guide driver
- Drinking water, throughout the tour
- All Entry Park Fees
- International flights and taxes
- Passport visa
- Traveller’s insurance
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guides
- Alcoholic drinks
- Entrance fee to activities labelled as ‘Optional’
- Others labelled as ‘Extra Cost’