Camping, birding, nature trails...
Thomson’s Falls, named after Joseph Thomson, a Scottish geologist and naturalist who was the first European to see the falls in 1883, is a 73-meter sheer drop of the Ewaso Narok River over a ledge of volcanic rock. Thomson's Lodge was built in the 1930s by settlers as a private residence, and became a hotel in the 1960s.
The nearby Lake Ol Bollosat is the source of River Ewaso Narok that is a key tributary to the Ewaso Nyiro River and has been designated as an IBA (Important Bird Area) since 2007.
Why you'll enjoy this...
Don't forget to carry...
- Camping gear
- Field Guide/ checklist
- Comfortable shoes and a hat
- Food & drinks
- Camera and accessories
Book your Thomson's Fall camping experience here...
- Professional photography & guiding services
- Transport in private tour vehicle with open roof
- Pick up from and drop off to your area of residence or hotel within Nairobi
- Personalized service
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guides
- Entrance fee to activities labelled as “extra”