When? All year round
Experience the less well-known habitats of coastal birds between the vast Tsavo East & West National Parks, and the Arabuko-Sokoke Forest and Mida Creek in Malindi.
We visit the area around the famous Fort Jesus in search of a wealth of fascinating species – Golden Palm Weavers nesting in the Cycads near the gate; Red Cheeked Cordon Bleus hop around the Fort and Brown Breasted Barbets seem to have adopted the old trees for their breeding site.
From the walls overlooking the sea, various Terns, Sooty Gulls and a variety of migrant waders can be seen and at the right time of year on English Point, opposite the Fort, Crab Plovers congregate.
The large Baobab Trees on Mama Ngina Drive have Black Headed Herons perching where in the past there used to be a busy heronry.
Why you'll enjoy this...
Don't forget to carry...
- Field Guide
- Comfortable shoes and a hat
- Notebook and pen
- Camera and accessories
Book your Mombasa bird-watching...
- Guiding services
- Transport in Private Tour Vehicle with open roof
- Pick up from and drop off to your area of residence or hotel within Mombasa
- Personalized service
- Drinking water, throughout the tour
- All entrance Fees
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guides
- Alcoholic drinks
- Entrance fee to activities labelled as “extra”